This Gua Sha Stone is a great massage tool for the face and neck. Gua Sha for the face is very different than Gua Sha for the body. Facial Gua Sha involves light press-stroking massage movements using this small jade stone to clear built-up stagnation and accumulation that cause skin conditions and signs of aging.
Gua Sha is an ancient healing technique, that when used consistently:
- transforms the skin
- clears congestion
- promotes long-term, graceful aging
- creates much-needed movement in the skin
- helps clear lymphatic stagnation
- flushes out the metabolic waste that causes puffiness
Gua Sha also gently activates the skin to stimulate its natural processes. You can expect both immediate and cumulative results over time using this technique.
- Increases blood flow to bring vital oxygen supply and nutrients to the skin.
- Breaks up blood and lymphatic stagnation
- Frees and releases accumulation of toxins
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system to remove metabolic waste, toxins and bacteria from the skin.
- Reduces puffiness and excess fluid in the skin. Improves the look of tired, puffy eyes.
- Improves the appearance of fine lines.
- Relaxes muscle and jaw tension.
- Rejuvenates the neck.
- Brightens the skin and evens skin tone.
- Always perform this massage on freshly cleansed skin.
- The Gua Sha stone should be at a 15 degree angle from the skin during massage, meaning the stone should almost be flat against the skin.
- Anchor the skin with your free hand when massaging.
- Drink a glass of water immediately after the treatment to drain out excess toxins, fats and excess water.
- Continue to stay hydrated for a minimum of 24 hours after each treatment.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol intake as much as possible after treatment.
- Cannot be performed over Botox of fillers.
- Not recommended if you’ve had chemical peels, Retin-A, Accutane or any cosmetic surgical procedures.